Who needs school when you can grow up in a warehouse and learn everything you need to know. Thad unlike my other children and the misfortune or fortune as he would see it to grow up at work with his mom. Thad went to work with me til he was 5 years old. I knew he was street smart, he could work a fork lift, he knows how a tractor trailer backs up, he can run a copy machine, and log onto the Internet. You know all the things 5 year olds know...(lol). But today at our first parent teacher conference we realized somewhere he picked up all the book smarts too. Thad is excelling in Kindergarten far beyond what I think Mike or I had even thought. We just took it for granted because we are around him all the time. He's always funny, says the best things, and we know his vocabulary is huge. But, it is interesting to hear what the teacher had to say about Thaddeus. It's always nice to hear someone else validate what you think and that is that Thad is brilliant. When we showed Thad his report card his words were " I totally Rock!!!!" Yes you do little buddy! Thanks for being such a great kid. (I am sure he'll be reading and editing this soon.)
We also had parent teacher with Morgan's teacher. Morgan also is doing very well in school. She has 4 A's and 1 B+. And for the first time Morgan achieved 100 percent attendance in the first quarter. We received last years core test scores, and she received a 3. (4 is the highest) This was up from the year prior. Morgan's teacher has several pictures hanging in the classroom by her favorite little artist... Morgan. Her teacher even told us about a get well card Morgan made for her. She said it was so cute she took it home to show her kids. They are all in Love with Morgan. Morgan is a beautiful, talented, happy, caring, artistic little girl. Good Job Morgan. Mom and Dad are very proud of your hard work and commitment to doing well in school. Your an amazing little girl. Thanks for bringing so much laughter into our life.
Micah, well she got her very first B+. We were all shocked. But she is handling it very well. (smile) Micah has just started 7th grade. She has 3 advanced placement classes (Algebra, Science, and Spanish), she is involved with PTSA, still playing the piano and attending lessons, intramural sports, She is her Beehive class president, and she is still a very big help at home. Micah is an amazing student she always has been. And although I gave her a hard time for her B+, I totally excuse it it's in History who needs that anyway. (lol) Actually I totally back her up on her defense of the B+ in this instance, I have to blame the teacher he voted for Obama. I am very proud of Micah. Jr High is a big adjustment but she is doing incredible. Thank you Micah for all your hard work. You are a great example to the little's. Mom and Dad are so proud of you and your accomplishments.
3 comments:
Well Uncle Dave and Aunt Mel are very proud of all three kids. We knew you all had the smarts. We Love you you all.
yes, you have smart children. maybe they can teach my kids how to be smart, obvisiously what I am doing is just not working
Tell Micah she will make it through the one B+ incident. Even though my sister thinks I'm a big nerd, I did get my share of B+'s and managed to turn into a productive member of society! Congrats to all the kids on their good grades!
Post a Comment