Some years come and go with no real defining moments and would seem to be just an ordinary year with ordinary events. But 2008 was not that year. This was a year with an entire realm of emotions, achievements, opportunities, heartache, and an abundance of love and gratitude. Lucky for all of you reading this blog. I am not going to write about all of these events that would take forever. But I did want to close the year and this chapter of my life with gratitude for those who are important to me. For my friends, who are truly my "family" thank you for all you do for me. Thank you for forgiving my shortcomings and accepting my inadequacies, but most of all thank you for the laughing with me (or at me). And thank you for supporting my diet coke addiction. For my Boss whom I am sure is not reading this blog (if he were I would be worried) but just for the sake of letting everyone know that I LOVE MY JOB! I have amazing employers and I am grateful to be apart of "the cause". I love working for the Unified Fire Authority. For my sisters though you are miles a way I Love you and think about you everyday and wish you were both here in Utah. For my fabulous kids thank you for being you. I love your smiles, your laughter, your chaos, your talents, and abilities but most of all I just love hanging and enjoying time together. I love all my nieces and nephews. Being an Aunt is so great. I love to give them all Mtn dew and then send them home for a nice relaxing evening. (He he he) We have been given so many great opportunities to make great memories this year and I look forward to many many more. Mike, for the sake of being lame and sappy, I am going to say "you complete me" (he he he) I know stop laughing. I just had to say it. I can't really say enough about Mike that would be a whole other blog. But I am grateful for the last 12 years. I know we've been married almost 15 but lets face it there is always a bad day every now and then. (ha ha ha) So that is the greatest of 2008 but I am grateful for the crappy parts too. I am grateful to close out this year and look forward to all that awaits in 2009! I love you all and wish you all a very Happy New Year. Oh and as a side note I am grateful for my last pedicure! It was sooo cute.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mike- did you fall asleep in the tanning bed. I told you only stay in for 10 minutes, not 15! Why are you sooo tan??? Val- you rock. I wish you would have told everything, let it out! I love that picture of your family!
We Love You TOO!! Sorry We are so far away from you. I know it tough though but that what make good times when we are together. I think of you guys all time too. It has been tough year just think we are over all the first holidays now. It can only get better though we will still have down days but God is Good he will get us through them. Very Cute family picture where is my copy??????
Hello friend! LOVE the blog! You an awesome story teller. Just one complaint. I can't believe you're a stinkin' cougar fan! I thought I was a better influence on you than that! ;)
Post a Comment