Monday, April 27, 2009

"Glam"ping...........

I had to still the term "glam"ping from a friend of mine. I believe the interpretation is glamour camping. Everyone makes fun of me because camping to me is going to the Canyons resort in Park City. It has a nice mountain setting and fresh air while on the balcony. And you can always start a fire in the fireplace. Now what's wrong with that? Well apparently my family doesn't share my same views of camping. So we compromised. For Christmas this year we were able to get a 5th wheel trailer. This weekend was the first opportunity we had to take it out and try it. Friday night on our way home from soccer at 9:45 p.m. 15 min. before the storage lot closed we grabbed the trailer and took it home and started getting ready to go. Saturday morning I had opening ceremonies for baseball so the plan was to leave right after that. We were just going to take a small road trip and go here in Tooele because it was close and free. But as we headed up to the campsite we realized it was still closed for winter. So we headed to Wasatch State Park in midway. It was awesome!!!! Although it rained all day saturday and snowed sunday morning it was still nice to get away. We were able to just hang out play games and watch it snow. Morgan and Thaddeus both thought they would catch a skunk. I assured them if they even tried I was going to leave them in the mountains. So they settled for worms, bugs, squirrels. The kids were great to help pack and unpack. I expect that to wear off fairly quickly. But it was a great trial run. We are looking forward to Memorial Day weekend, 0ur next scheduled camping trip!















3 comments:

Cal said...

what a cute picture of you and Mike. Looks like my kind of camping. I love the picture of the dead trees!You will for sure need a pedicure after roughing it like you did!
love ya

Brooke said...

definately the best way to go camping!

Ryan Cowley said...

Your family should be proud! Mine can't even get me to go to a resort! I love being outdoors, but overnight...